Call to Order - George Lindsey, Chairman Invocation - Daniel Goodson, PEAK Worship, Lakeland Pledge of Allegiance - George Lindsey, Chairman
2. Presentation of Service Award to Kevin C. Sherrouse.
4. Approve Consent Agenda.
6. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on June 4, 2019.
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT BOARD 7. Richard Bryant, Chairman, to present the semi-annual report.
8. Approve the 2019-2020 Polk County Workforce Development Board, Inc.'s Preliminary Budget. (No fiscal impact)
9. Approve Agreement for Sale and Purchase between Betty Dennis-Wurtz, Harvey Dennis and Herbert Dennis and Polk County for the purchase of property in conjunction with the Bridgers Avenue Drainage Improvements project and approve a CIP Amendment and Budget Transfer associated with the purchase. ($302,500 one-time expense)
10. Approve County Manager’s Employment Agreement.
11. Confirm appointment of Ryan J. Taylor to serve as Deputy County Manager.
12. Approve Easement Purchase Agreement between FX Bar Ranch, Inc. and Joyce M. Fewox and Polk County for a conservation easement over property located within the South Lake Walk- in-Water Environmental Lands project area and the Avon Park Air Force Range encroachment buffer zone. ($493,000 one-time expense)
13. Approve selection committee’s recommendation to authorize staff to enter into contract negotiations with all the firms, for construction of up to four fire rescue stations, starting with the highest ranked firm, Core Construction Services of FL, LLC.
14. Approve a piggy back agreement with Forerunner Technologies, Inc. for maintenance of digital telephone and voice messaging systems. ($500,000 estimated recurring expense)
15. Commissioner Wilson Comments.
16. Commissioner Braswell Comments.
17. Commissioner Santiago Comments.
18. Commissioner Hall Comments.
19. Chairman Lindsey Comments.
20. Appoint Jorge Altieri, Karen Case, Scott Dimmick, Patti Gander, and Yesse Olivas to the Workforce Development Board for the three-year term, July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2022.
21. Reappoint Gary Clark, Lisa Hall, Katrina Lunsford, Diana Simmons, Huston Tripp, and Sharon Wright to the Workforce Development Board for the three-year term, July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2022.
County Attorney opening comments
22. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a Resolution allowing for the installation of two traffic calming devices (speed humps) on Palm Drive Northeast, near Winter Haven. (To be continued to July 2, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.)