Call to Order - George Lindsey, Chairman Invocation - Pastor Patsy P. Pollice, Assembly of God, Lakeland Pledge of Allegiance - George Lindsey, Chairman
3. Stacy M. Butterfield, CPA, Clerk of Courts & County Comptroller, to present Distinguished Budget Presentation Award to Polk County.
4. Proclaim July 2019 as Lakes Appreciation Month. Danny Kushmer will accept the proclamation representing Lakes Education Action Drive.
5. Approve Consent Agenda.
7. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on July 2, 2019.
8. Consider settlement in the matter of the Estate of Loretta Pickard ($200,000 one-time expense).
9. Discuss next steps regarding Department of Juvenile Justice litigation.
10. Accept Performance Surety Bond No. 70NGP184674 for Cascara in the amount of $335,984. (No fiscal impact)
11. Set Proposed Millage Rate for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
12. Set Proposed Millage Rate for the Parks Municipal Service Taxing Unit for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
13. Set Proposed Millage Rate for the Library Municipal Service Taxing Unit for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
14. Set Proposed Millage Rate for the Stormwater Municipal Service Taxing Unit for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
15. Set Proposed Millage Rate for the Rancho Bonito Municipal Service Taxing Unit for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
16. Set the date, time, and place for the Tentative Budget Public Hearing as September 9, 2019, 6:00 p.m., at Commission Boardroom, Polk County Administration Building, 330 West Church Street, Bartow.
17. Approve The Ounce of Prevention Fund of Florida Subcontract Revision for the period of July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020. ($1,309,000 one-time revenue; $327,250 required match)
18. Approve amendment with Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. for the Lake Wilson Road widening project. ($109,282.27 estimated one-time expense)
19. Approve agreement with Suburban Elevator of Florida, LLC for the Polk County History Center elevator modernization. ($269,708 one-time expense) ($6,225 one-time expense)
20. Approve Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement with Wright-Pierce, Inc. for the Northeast Regional Wastewater Treatment Facility clarifier addition. ($887,333.04 one-time expense)
21. Approve Work Authorizations No. 37 and 38 to Agreement 16-049 with Curry Controls Company to provide Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition services for 31 existing Utilities lift stations. ($1,836,774 lump sum expense)
22. Approve Master Agreement with Killebrew, Inc. for Utilities construction services. ($5.6 million estimated recurring expense)
23. Approve Collective Bargaining Agreements between Polk County and the International Association of Firefighters (IAFF).
24. Commissioner Wilson Comments.
25. Commissioner Braswell Comments.
26. Commissioner Santiago Comments.
27. Commissioner Hall Comments.
28. Chairman Lindsey Comments.